Saturday, April 9, 2011

Scenes I love...scenes I hate ! #2

The scene I love is from Christophe Gans Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001) were Grégoire de Fronsac (Samuel Le Bihan) Mani (Mark Dacascos) and Thomas d'Apcher (Jérémie Renier) attempt to catch the Beast with a series of traps they have set up. I loved this film when I first seen it back in 2001, and this scene really gripped me, doesn't quite have the same impact now on DVD but it's still a superb action sequence even on the small screen !


The scene I hate is from a film I love, Die Hard (1988) I think everything in the film works for me, but then like that awful shot at the end of Robocop of Dick Jones falling from the window, Die Hard suddenly has one really shit scene,Karl (Alexander Godunov) who we last seen at the top of the 35 story building hanging with a chain around his neck suddenly appears right next to a Policeman from under some kind of tarp to exact his revenge on John McClane (Bruce Willis), now I've read that he was getting helped out by a Policeman pretending to be one of the hostages, but it doesn't come across that way in the film, besides how many Policeman help hostages carrying an assault rifle ? What makes it worse is we hear some of James Horner's Aliens music over the scene !!! I think the scene was tagged on just so Sgt. Al Powell (Reginald Vel Johnson) could get to use his gun !! Mind you, the entire film of Die Hard 4 was as shit as this scene !!

No comments:

Post a Comment